Skip to main content

And Summer is Gone

          It was a long hot summer. No joke it was hotter than most summers that we have. And it was not fun at all. I didn't get a chance to write much. I was busy doing things. Working was those things. I had completely forgotten about blogging and I am sorry to the readers for that. But now that I am back in school I am writing more then I did during summer. After the first writer's block, I had gotten over another came to take its place. It was not fun but I had gotten things that needed to be done.
          Hey here is a fun fact I am doing NaNoWriMo this year. For those who don't know NaNoWriMo is National Novel Writing Month. I have never been apart of it and I have been wanting to try it. I am not sure if there are rules for it but I do know that you write some amount of words a day. I have also been putting my name out there. I am now using Figment, TeenInk, Wattpad, and Movellas. For the NaNoWriMo contest, I am using a website built just for it. I will put a link at the bottom to all of these places.  I hope to see you all out there reading and enjoying life. Well, I will post half of a chapter here of Frostbitten Heart again and I hope you enjoy. This one is just going to be a little small. I wish I could find out how to enlarge some of the text. I am also going to put the Cover of this story in here. (Don't mind the numbers at the bottom. It is just that this is the only cover I have a picture of.)




         Thinking about school I open my eyes and stare at the blank ceiling. I liked going to school a lot. It helped get my mind off of things that I never liked to think about, but I can't stay at school and work all the time. At home, my mind was clouded with haunting thoughts and memories that I never liked to even see but it seemed at some points that I was lost in my own little forest of hell showing me every memory that I had loved so much when she had been with me. At school thought she seemed to go away as my head was filled with math problems and projects that I had to finish. I put a hand on my heart feeling my heart and telling myself that I was alive and that was what I should be happy for, thankful for, it but I was not happy or thankful that I was alive. I was thinking about her as tears of silence rolled to the corners of my eyes and side down onto my pillows. I forced myself to move and get dressed but could not stop the tears from rolling down my face and making it very clear that I was not going to have fun if I was crying while walking to school today. I just didn't want today to end. After school, I was going to have to go to my therapist. She is nice but I don't like seeing her every other day, which is what my mother makes me do. 
          I tugged off my pants that I wore last night to bed as I opened up my drawers to get some clean ones. I pulled out black yoga pants and slipped them on. They were soft like silk and touched the ground, meaning I would know if they got the hem wet. I closed that drawer and slipped on a long sleeve black shirt that was sung on my arms. My mother hated when I wear these during the summer telling me that I would get a heat stroke or something like that. I never listened to her. I would wear bright if I wanted and right now I felt like a dark color got my mood across. It could be 90 degrees or something but I could be caught in black. Grabbing my comb from off my dresser I make a stop to the bathroom to use it and brush my teeth. I was slowly brushing all of the sleep out of my red unkempt hair as I was walking out of the bathroom my sister rushed past me giggling and looking like she had not slept at all. I heard the shower turn on and knew that she was not going to be out of that until someone yelled at her. Yawning I walked down the stairs to get some milk. 
         I saw that my mother and father had put out some milk and were now sitting at the table waiting for me to join them. I looked at them confused for a moment before taking my seat and grabbing my milk. Looking over at my father first I saw that he wore worry around his eyes like scars. In his brown eyes, I could see anxiety looking at me. It was like a demon that took him over. I looked over at my mother to that that she wore panic on her face that showed in the worry lines above her eyebrows. I saw horrid looking bags of a sleepless night under her eyes. While her eyes showed love and conserve looking back at me. I sat my glass down and looked at my hands knowing that they were going to tell me something that I did not want to hear. "Sweetheart? You're not in trouble. We just need to talk. It is very important. can you listen to us for a few moments?" I heard my mothers soft voice speak as she laid a hand on my own. I drew my hand away from hers like it had burned me. I knew that I had made her upset by doing that small movement but I just did not want to be touched right now. I didn't look up at her but I didn't run away either. She sighed and went to talk again softly as though she was trying not to scare away a rabbit, "You're father and I think... think that it would be best if you take a break from school. Rest and get yourself back together. You have been a bit distant for a while and we only want what is best for you. Please, would you take a break Ya know, go easy on yourself?" My head shot up as I stared at her. No way was I going to do that. I was not going to stop going to school. I was not going to do that just because she was worried I was overworking myself. I stared at her until she shifted uncomfortably before I shot up from my chair and stomped to the front door. I heard my mother gasp and come after me and knew that my father would be after her. I forgot about my homework that I had left on my desk for my math and science classes and just left the house with a beat-up old backpack slung over my back. I didn't care what they said I was going to school until the school year ended. Walking out the front door I slammed it behind me and heard it open right after I had shut it. I knew that the people around us were watching but I didn't care.
          Nothing anyone said or did was going to make me not go to school. The school was the only place I had left that I could run to. I couldn't run to my favorite park. She and I had walked up tot hat park some many times and that was where she had been killed. I couldn't go to the woods. She and I would go there all the time and play. We had so much fun almost everywhere in this big city. The only place that I found safe enough to go was to school. There I had no good and found thoughts of us. We met there and that was it. Going to the same school was where it started but we did not have fun there. We had all the same classes at the same times but nothing about that was fun. From the fit that I was throwing on not going to school. I knew that none of my teachers were going to like me today. They might be a little worried, but since she was killed they had all pulled me aside and asked why I had picked up my grades.  I gave them very vague answers while not really even seeing them. I held it together long enough to turn the corner and get on the city bus to take me to my school. I hated taking the school bus so I always took the city bus to get to school. The school that I went to was about an hour walks away. About a 15 minute drive. But ten minutes by bus if you got on the right one. I looked straight ahead and knew that a few people had gotten creeped out by it until my stop. I got off and walked into the school holding back tears and angry. My mother and father thought that they could stop me from doing something that was keeping me very sane for the time being. Since my friend had lost her life I could not think about eating or drinking water. It was like my mind had made a flip to turn off everything that might have worked and kept me alive. I was the only thing keeping myself in check. Making sure that I had something to eat with me at all times making myself a water bottle on days I couldn't stomach food. 


Figment-   http://figment.com/users/467964-Gabrielle-Covington
Wattpad-  https://www.wattpad.com/user/Vampygirl944
Movellas- http://www.movellas.com/user/gabrielle781
TeenInk- http://www.teenink.com/mystuff.php?act=mywork
National Novel Writing Month- https://nanowrimo.org/participants/ghost-of-a-rose-2961577/novels

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Book!

I am proud to present a new book! Its been out for a couple of months, but that doesn't mean that it isn't still new. It's called The Hunter by Gabby Covington. Yes, that is me! The pictures below are the back and front of the book. It's currently on Amazon for $16.95 in paperback form. And it's one Kindle Unlimited for free at the moment. Check it out. The link is at the bottom of the page. If you like it check out some other works by me at Movellas. Link to Amazon -  https://www.amazon.com/Hunter-Gabby-Covington/dp/1092401865 Link to Movellas -  https://www.movellas.com/user/gabrielle781

Summer is Here

          Well, summer for me has just started and you want to know what that means? It means writing, reading, and working. Yes, I do say working last because it is a part of life. I might not want to but I have to do something this summer other than stay at home and read or write. I have been working on something new. It is not my normal story. So I thought that I might share it with you. I thought that you might like to read it. The only thing is I have no clue where I am taking this story. All I know is that it is fashioned out of sadness and I am thinking that it will stay that way. All I know about the story is that it is going to be a werewolf. That is it. I am just going to copy and paste my little first chapter here and then the next one is going to be in the next blog. I thought that you might like me to at least tell you what was going on instead of just getting a wall of text on your computer or phone screen.           Everything is changed now. Nothing is ever goin

Introducing

          My name would be Gabby and as the image above tells you I am also a writer. I thought that this would be a good chance to start by getting my name out there. So here I am I am getting my name out there. I am going to try to blog, but I must confess I am not very good at writing down what I feel. I almost always stop doing it because it becomes something of a trouble to do, and most of the time I can never figure out what I am supposed to write down, but I am doing it now so, that is that.            I can tell you that one of the things that I write is vampire stuff. As unimpressive as that sounds, just hear me out here, I find them interesting. Vampires to me are the most interesting thing you can think of. For some, it would be like real life to others something else, but I like vampires. Actually, I like anything supernatural. Vampires are just what I find the most interesting.            Other than what I like to write, I want to know what you like to read. And a